Friday 6 January 2017

Lying About Last Summer by Sue Wallman

Lying About Last SummerLying About Last Summer by Sue Wallman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Skye is looking for an escape from the reality of last summer when her sister died in a tragic accident. Her parents think that a camp for troubled teenagers might help her process her grief. All of the kids at the summer camp have lost someone close, but is bringing them together such a good idea? And can everyone at camp be trusted? When Skye starts receiving text messages from someone pretending to be her dead sister, she knows it's time to confront the past. But what if the danger is right in front of her?

I have seen this book around for a while now and it is one that I have wanted to pick up. I had the perfect opportunity when I was at the airport waiting to go away. I almost finished this on the flight, it is a quick and easy read but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations.

There are so many thrillers out there at the moment and it is a genre I enjoy a lot. I particularly like YA thrillers and I feel there are quite a few out there right now. Some are better than others and those that are written well are excellent.

Skye has been sent to a bereavement camp for teens, throughout the book we jump back into the past and find out why she is there and what happened. I really love books that return to the past or show 'flashbacks' I think you can get so much through character development. These chapters are really important in the story and help to understand what has happen with Skye. While at the camp we get to know some of the other teens staying there and some are more secretive than others with why they are there.

Skye begins to receive texts from her dead sister, which begins her to question who it could be, the story takes on a mystery 'who dun it' there are a few other twists in the story, however the main one I had guessed. For me this was an O.K debut not one to write home about, however if you are looking for a quick and easy read, give this a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment