Saturday 22 October 2016

Dewey's 24 hour readathon




Image result for dewey 24 hour readathon


Wow I can't believe that the readathon has come back around! I think this is now my 6th and I want it to be my most successful yet!

Over the last few ones I have identified my strengths and weaknesses, one of which is having the t.v on in the background. (Won't be making that mistake this time!)

So this is the opening meme and I will try and add all challenges/updates through this post, so make sure you come back to check those out! While I am on the subject of updates, look out for something exciting during hour 18!!! EEEEEK I can't wait for that one!

So anyway hour 1- Challenge:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?



I am here in the U.K hello!!!!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Lyrebird by Cecelia Ahern 

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

My Alio dip with pitta! (Is that even spelt right?!?)

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

So as I said before this is my 6th readathon and I am hoping it is going to be my most successful, hopefully I have learnt from errors from the previous and I can get a lot more reading time in. I am a primary school teacher so during term time it is tricky to fit in reading and I read sugnificantly less than I want to. Today is also the first day of half term so I am super excited to get my reading bug back!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Ok, as I mentioned before I normally have the T.V on in the background, this is something I won't be doing this time. I have also picked out my snacks early enough to make sure I am not faffing when I get peckish. 


Pages read: 16
Books read:
Total pages read:16
Total books read:


Hour 2 Challenge: write a six word story. Here mine is:

"Who's there?" Suddenly the door slammed. 



Pages read: 90
Books read:
Total pages read:106
Total books read



Hour 3 and 4:

Pages read: 86
Books read:
Total pages read: 192
Total books


Hour 5:

Pages read: 80
Books read: 1
Total pages read: 272
Total books read: 1

Hour 6:

Pages read: 24
Books read: 
Total pages read: 296
Total books read: 1


Hour 7:

Pages read: 50
Books read: 
Total pages read: 346


Total books read: 1

Hour 8 and 9:

Pages read: 50
Books read: 
Total pages read: 396
Total books read: 1


Hour 10:

Pages read: 78
Books read: 
Total pages read: 474


Total books read: 1

Hour 11:

Pages read: 117
Books read: 1
Total pages read: 591
Total books read: 2

Hour 21:

Pages read: 60
Books read: 
Total pages read: 651
Total books read: 2



Hour 23:

Pages read: 46
Books read: 
Total pages read: 697
Total books read: 2

End of Event Survey

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I would say hour 10 - mainly because I had been reading solidly for 10 hours and my eyes were feeling it! 

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I have read a Christmas book to get me in the mood and I think that was a good choose. 

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?

Nope. 

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

The fact I had the TV off in the background! No distractions! 

How many books did you read?

I am hoping to have finished my 3rd book by the end. 

What were the names of the books you read?

Mistletoe on 34th Street, the treasure map of boys and fly on the wall. 

Which book did you enjoy most?

Mistletoe on 34th street. 

Which did you enjoy least?

Fly on the wall. 

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Yep I'll be there, I will be a reader and I would love to host another mini challenge. That was fun! 


Hour 24:

Pages read: 75
Books read: 1
Total pages read: 772
Total books read: 3

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are making great progress so far. I have only read about 120 pages so far but the start time of 5am on the one day I get to sleep in was too early for me so I got off to a late start.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely agree, that's too early! It was lunch time here so no excuses really! Good luck with the rest of the readathon.

      Delete