Tuesday 15 March 2016

Colour Obstacle Rush 2016 Please Donate


Some of you may know that just over 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. 

This was a massive shock as I was young, fit and what I thought relatively healthy. I spent the best part of a month in hospital while they ran various tests and reports. Finally after having a biopsy I got the diagnosis and started my journey on the road to recovery. 

It was a tough few months/year and finally I feel I have begun to get back to myself.  I went back to work to a job that I loved and I have begun to live my life again. I don't want to dwell on it and I am not making a post for sympathy, I just want to be able to give something back. 

I am not a runner and never have been, I did though want to do something to support the charity and research for treatment. When I stumbled across Colour Obstacle Rush in Brighton I thought this sounded perfect. It is a run but only 5K, which is broken up with obstacles. I have decided to give it ago, if it was easy there would be no point in raising money for the charity! 

So on the 30th April 2016 I will be 'rushing' for Lymphoma, along with a few of my friends. We hope to raise awareness of the cancer and help support them with their treatment. 






If you feel you are able to and would like to sponsor me and a few others please follow the Virgin Money Giving page below. 

If you are still reading this, thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment