Monday 24 August 2015

Johnny's Girl by Paige Toon

Johnny's GirlJohnny's Girl by Paige Toon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Meg's life has taken a turn for the perfect. She is the envy of millions with her drop dead gorgeous husband, their two beautiful sons and her new mansion in Henley. Her celebrity PA days are over. But desperate to keep up with her rock star husband, Johnny Jefferson, she uproots her perfect family and moves back to LA. 

Meg has to learn to live with her new celebrity status and the insecurities of her old life, which keep reappearing. Under the paparazzi flash of an A-List party, complete with red carpet, champagne and canapés, Johnny's rock star past catches up with him and Meg's worst nightmare becomes a reality…



Paige Toon is one of my favourite authors and when I knew she was writing a novella as a sequel for Baby Be Mine I knew I would have to read it. I have read it quite late actually, it came out over a year ago but I decided to wait so I could read her YA book based on these characters after. I am glad I read them in the correct order and that I fit the short story in before, this helped me remember what had happened and got back up to speed with the characters.

During this short story we get to meet the characters again, Meg and Johnny are living in England, (where Meg is from) but his work is driving them back to the States. After having a holiday over there Meg realises that maybe it wouldn't be so bad to move back again.

I really loved this novella, it was fun and hooked you straight in, even if you haven't read the other two books you would be able to fill in the blanks. On the other hand though, why would you not of read the other two? They are pretty fantastic!

One thing I love about Paige's books is that they seem to all connect in some way or another, I liked the added bonus of hearing about Alice and Joseph Strike, I always think that reading a Paige Toon novel is like a hug in a mug, you feel warm when you read her books and that you're at home. This novella for me was no exception.

After reading this novella I was well equipped to begin The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson, and cannot wait to begin, I feel like I have had a small taster of what is in store and I love it. This novella was only about 100 pages but I whizzed through it and if that is anything to go by then I know I will be finishing the two YA's in no time at all.

The added bonus is that this ebook is free at the moment so you have no excuse not to grab yourself a copy.

Well done Paige for me you have done it again, loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment