Wednesday 1 July 2015

Stainiac


theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen

What they Say: (Birchbox)

You wouldn't know it from the state of our make-up drawer, but we’re actually beauty minimalists. Our motto: why use two products when you can get the same effect with one? This two-in-one lip and cheek stain gives us a natural, understated flush and helps us get out the door faster! The gel formula looks dark in the tube but delivers a sheer tint.

The tinted gel leaves a lasting stain on lips and cheeks. Since it’s water-based, it has a longer setting time than most quick-dry stains, which means it won’t leave any unsightly streaks behind as long as you take care to blend well. Use a single coat for a subtle look or layer it on for a more visible (yet still discreet) hue.

What I think:

To begin with I was a little worried when I received this in my Birchbox, I thought the colour was too bright just by looking at it and I didn't think it would last very long at all. I was wrong on all accounts. When applying it to the lips I found it to be a gel consistency, which took a little longer to dry than more water based tints. I thought this was a good thing as it gave you time to smudge the colour if you wanted to. The only negative I have about this product is the fact my lips felt very dry after using and I would then use a lip balm over the top to moisturise them. 

This product apparently can be used on your cheeks too, so it doubles up as a 2 in 1 which is great, I haven't actually used this on my cheeks yet. It lasts quite a long time, however you would need to carry it around with you to reapply throughout the day, but it is much more lasting than a lip stick. 

Would I buy this again? After trying the product for quite a while now any early on worries I had about it have vanished and I actually really like the brand. This is £10 full size to buy and I think as it is so long lasting this is a good price, I will be purchasing it again in the future. 

You can buy this on the Birchbox website: here

No comments:

Post a Comment