Monday 8 June 2015

The Best Kept Secret - Wendi Nunnery

It's my turn on The Best Kept Secret tour and today Wendi has stopped by with a guest post. This is really fun and she has decided to share 10 things about herself that you wouldn't already know. I can't wait to read them and I hope you will enjoy them too. 



Blurb:

In high school, everyone has secrets. Even well-brought-up Emma Fraser.

Emma’s sophomore year started out all wrong. First, her best friend Andy confessed to losing his virginity leaving Emma all alone in the V-Club. Then the rest of her friends got weird and suddenly Emma finds herself feeling like the people she knows best have become total strangers. And total strangers are becoming friends.

When Deegan Burke, a rich, gorgeous senior, asks Emma to be his date for the prom, Emma thinks her luck has begun to change. But rather than being able to bask in this newfound glory, her whole world starts to unravel. And when secrets that once seemed so innocent start to take a very dangerous turn, Emma discovers that true friends are friends no matter what…and some secrets aren’t worth keeping.


Wendi's Guest Post:

HI Sam! Thanks again for hosting me on The Book Corner. I thought I’d switch things up a bit today and share a little about my life, as well as a few tidbits on The Best Kept Secret.


I grew up in a small town about an hour outside of Atlanta, Georgia, and when I left for college I moved four hours away. I also traveled abroad quite a bit during my twenties (technically, I’m still in them, but I’ve only got three months left until I turn 30, so I’m trying to let go gradually…) and stepping outside of my tiny hometown gave me a hunger for stories, especially forgotten ones.

 One of my favorite pastimes is Googling random people or events from history and learning more about them. I might not ever put that knowledge to good use, but hey, if you ever play trivia, you’ve got yourself a solid teammate. So, in honor of random - sometimes useless - pieces of information, here are ten things you probably didn't know about me:


10) I can pop my hips out of place. Gross, I know. I didn't realize it was weird until I did it while standing in the lunch line at school and the guy behind me almost gagged.


9) The Best Kept Secret is my second published book and my third novel. My first book was a commemorative coffee table book that I wrote and collaborated on with a team during an internship after college. And I’ve written two other novels that are currently gathering dust on my office shelf.


8) I’ve never lived alone. I went straight from living with my parents, to living with college roommates, to living back home with my parents for a year after graduation, and, finally, to being married and buying our own place.


7) I have visited 12 countries, including some in the Caribbean, Central America, Africa, and Europe.


6) I was 23 when I got married and 28 when I had our first child.


5) We named our daughter, Lucy, after Lucille Ball because I was (am) fairly obsessed with her.

I would like to thank Wendi for stopping by today. 



About Wendi:






Wendi Nunnery is the author of The Mayfield Family Story. She is also a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and The Simply Beloved, a lifestyle website for women of faith. She is a proud alumna of Georgia Southern University and, at any given time, you can find her with a cup of coffee and a book. She lives, loves, and mothers in Atlanta, Georgia. The Best Kept Secret is her first novel.



Find her online:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/wendinunneryauthor

Twitter: @ladynunnery

Instagram: @ladynunnery
 Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ladynunnery
 Blog: www.wendinunnery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment