Friday 24 April 2015

TanOrganic Self Tanning Oil


TanOrganic Self Tanning Oil

They Say:

We admit it, when we heard that TanOrganic had created a moisturising dry oil that also added a subtle tan to the skin we were skeptical. After all, we’re used to steering clear of body oils after getting our tan on for fear of the dreaded streaks! But, after just one use, we were sold! The world’s first self-tanning oil contains 8 different plant oils (including luxurious Argan oil) and boasts a subtle citrus fragrance, working to smooth and moisturise your skin while adding a sun-kissed glow within 6 to 8 hours. Perfect.

My Review:

I had been on holiday in March and managed to get a wonderful tan, the unfortunate thing about going on holiday at Easter is that when you return home, normally the weather is not great and it takes a while to become as warm as it was when you were away. 

On my return I remembered I had a sample of this to try, which arrived in my Birchbox. I decided to give it a go. After a shower one night I popped this product onto my skin. On application it is like an oil and it is transparent, this does make it a little tricky to identify where you have already put it. It also seems to go a long way, my sample size to be honest I wasn't that impressed with but you only need about a pea sized amount to coat 1 arm. Once I put it on my body I went and washed my hands as I was instructed to do so. 

When I woke up in the morning I was able to see the results and I was impressed. It was not streaky and I didn't look like I was orange. I really like the effect I got from using this product and since then I have recommended it to others, after seeing the results on me, they are also just as impressed and asked me where I got it from. 

There is only one negative I have with this product and that is that it smells like a tanning lotion. I wish it had smelt a bit nicer, I could actually smell the product the next day and was a little paranoid that other people could smell it too. In future, when I apply it I am going to go over with a moisturiser to try and mask the smell. 

Would I buy this again?

Most self tans I have bought in the past have been under the £10 mark, this particular product is £24.99 which I do think is quite expensive, however it does leave such a natural look and one that brings you compliments! I think this is going to be a product I would buy for in between times, such as going on holiday in Easter and waiting for the weather to get warm enough for you to develop your own tan. So I think I would purchase it maybe once a year for these occasions. 

You can buy this from The Birchbox website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment