Wednesday 22 April 2015

In a New York minute - Claudia Carroll

In A New York MinuteIn A New York Minute by Claudia Carroll
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Love isn’t always like it is in the movies … or is it?
Amy has moved to the city that never sleeps, and now she’s looking for love.
But after a string of dating disasters it seems that finding Mr. Right isn’t quite as easy as Amy first thought.
Following in the footsteps of her favourite New York movies Amy is determined to have that romantic Manhattan moment. But like all good romances – love often turns up in the most unexpected of places…
A heart-warming, 23 page short story from best-selling author, Claudia Carroll, this is the perfect read for Valentine’s Day.







This is the first time I have read a Carroll book. Maybe I wasn't meant to start with this novella as I found it very predictable and a little rushed.

The novella is only about 25 pages long and it is very difficult to try and get a plot into that amount of pages. I found that part of the stories were very rushed. Such as the dates, I thought these could have been extremely funny and clever had they been a few pages longer.

There are many references to Sleepless in Seattle, which is a film I personally have not seen, not that this mattered. It was very easy to follow and had some lovely moments in it.

It was a cute story, but due to the length of it and the lack of development of the characters I felt I could only give it 3*. It is an ok read if you want something to fill 15 minutes.

It is also free on Amazon at the moment so really there is little to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment