Wednesday 11 February 2015

Before you say yes - Amy Griffin



Ellie always knew that the sex with Adam would die down one day. Sometime in their seventies, she thought, with the memory of their steamy years to look back on. Not sometime in their thirties with only one year that could reliably fit in the steamy category.

Now Ellie can’t help but feel that she is the only one who is worried. And she can’t help but wonder if a sexless relationship, even one with a man who is everything she could have hoped for in every other way, is really enough.

Her best friend is getting divorced, her sister is planning a wedding and Ellie is coming to terms with her biggest decision yet. Because when it comes to the big decisions in life, you want to be really sure before you say yes.



I am new to this author and to the genre as this book was not my usual read.

It starts off with finding that Ellie has cancelled the wedding to Adam and to make matters worse her younger sister has just announced that she is getting married. Ellie and her best friend Jen who is getting divorced are to be bridesmaids. 

We then are presented with chapters of past and present events that explains to the reader what happened between Ellie and Adam.

I really liked Ellie I think her narrative was good and I did warm to her. I loved her family even more, I think it was so nice to see a normal family in a book.

The book had a lot of humour in it but also it dealt with sensitive issues, especially the story of why Jen was getting divorced and it was dealt with really well.

I'm glad I read the book and did like Amy's style of writing. 

This is another book that Lynsey has read and reviewed for me. I would like to thank her, please follow her on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment