Friday 30 January 2015

Embrace Matcha Green Tea


Embrace Matcha Green Tea

What Birchbox say:
Packed with antioxidants and nutrients (up to 10 times more than a regular cup of green tea!) matcha is a superfood that packs a punch. 100% natural and incredibly versatile, this classic green tea variety is a smooth, satisfying blend with a clean and crisp finish. With 30 servings included, you can experiment with enjoyin it hot or cold, as a latte or blended into smoothies and juices.

My Review:
I love green tea and regularly drink it, when I received this in my birchbox this month I was really happy and very excited to try it. This tea is a fine powder and there is enough for one cup in the sachet. What I love about this is that you can add it to other things not just hot water. 

I decided to try this one morning before I went to work. On pouring the hot water on it, the smell was a little 'pondy' I thought and I was not that keen on the smell at all. I did however give it a go and I must admit that it tastes exactly the same as normal green tea. 

What I was really interested about in this tea is the fact it boasts you get 10 times the benefit of a normal green tea bag - from going through Chemo this is exactly what I need in order to improve my immune system and generally improving health. My only negative with this sample in my birchbox is that I feel I cannot really make a true judgement with only one sample. I feel I would need at least 3 in order to see any of the benefits of it. At £24.99 for 30 samples I feel this is too expensive for me to take the risk on this product as it only 'might' work for me. Which is a big shame as I think this maybe a great product, but I cannot afford to take the risk at the moment. 

Unfortunately I did contact birchbox explaining I would need to try a couple more to see the benefits but they were unable to help me out and send me anymore. 

Would I purchase again?
At this moment in time no, I cannot afford to purchase this if it doesn't give me any benefits and so far from my one sample I haven't seen any benefits. Perhaps in the future when I have some spare cash as this will currently been seen as a luxury item at this price.

No comments:

Post a Comment