Thursday 22 May 2014

Thirteen Weddings - Paige Toon

Thirteen WeddingsThirteen Weddings by Paige Toon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Last year, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After a night of passion they parted ways, and Bronte returned to Australia. Now working on a picture desk for a magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet her new colleague, who turns out to be all too familiar. Although awkward at first, as Alex is now engaged to the girl he was on a break from when they met, they soon become friends. But as the two get closer, and the wedding day looms, it is clear that Alex and Bronte have unfinished business…


I love Paige Toon and ever since I read Lucy in the Sky when it was released, I knew that she would be quickly becoming one of my favourite authors.

As soon as I heard that Paige was releasing her summer read, I could not wait to get my hands on it. I was so lucky when the publisher sent me a copy. When I opened the mail I did a little dance and wanted to do back flips! (Unfortunately I can't actually do back flips, so I ended up doing a strange looking movement!)

Anyway, I would not wait to start reading it and I bumped it right up my TBR pile. I was a little worried that I had built this up to be soooo huge in my head and I didn't want to be let down by it. I know what was I thinking? I could never be disappointed with a Paige Toon novel and I most definitely was not disappointed!

Bronte is Australian and had her first experience in the UK for her friends wedding after splitting from her boyfriend she jumps at the chance to be there, it's just what she needs. When she returns to Australia she works as a picture editor at a magazine in Sydney, she has the opportunity to relocate to the UK. She already has connections from the being over there for the wedding so grabs the opportunity to return for a year.

While she is working at the magazine, one of her friends suggests she helps a friend out with her wedding photography as Bronte has a keen interest in photography and the assistant photographer is sick. Bronte hates weddings, she doesn't believe in them at all, however she loves photography and agrees to help out. This wedding turns into more than one and it fast becomes one of Bronte's hobbies attending weddings almost every other weekend of the season!

The way Paige writes is fantastic, she captures you right from the first page and your eager to continue reading as you can't help yourself, however at the same time you have the feeling of not wanting to keep reading as soon the book will be over and you know you have to wait a whole year to get another fix from Paige.

The characters are always believable in Paige's books and I particularly liked this book as it had reference to another one of Paige's book where we met Lily and Ben arghhhhhh I fricking loved this!! I also loved that we got to know more about them and how their lives continued, only a snap shop but it was enough!!

All the characters were well developed and I felt that I could have been one of Bronte's friends. I really liked Lachie's character, I was a little unsure about him to begin with but he grew on me and by the end I loved him.

The story line was really good, I thought I was going to be able to predict it, I was pleasantly surprised and I am so glad it ended the way it did. There are serious elements in the book, however Paige has a way of adding humor to her books in the right places and it makes them such enjoyable reads.

This is another Paige Toon novel that I absolutely adored and would urge all fans of Paige Toon to add this to your TBR pile and bump it right to the top! This has got a firm place on by bookshelf and I am just sad I have to wait so long for another. This is a perfect book to sneak into your beach bag for the summer holidays, I am sure that you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Thanks so much to the publisher for sending me this in exchange for a honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment