Tuesday 13 May 2014

How I got into reviewing and blogging - week 2

Hey! 

Welcome back to the reviewing and blogging feature! This week we have Catriona from fabulousbookfiend to share with us her experience of reviewing and blogging. 

Over to you...

Hi! Thanks for having me!

I got into blogging when I got chatting to Mary from The Sweet Bookshelf via twitter. She was bemoaning the fact that she had so many review books to read so I asked if she wanted a hand with reviews. I became a regular guest on her blog every Thursday and she sent me to a couple of London Blogger events as she was based in Scotland whereas I'm much closer.

I really enjoyed writing posts and reviews for her and found my reading increasing by the day! I loved the blogger events and searched for more signings and author events. When I chatted to other bloggers though, online & in real life, they would ask me why I didn't have my own blog so I could do what I wanted with it. Kerry from Read & Repeat and Amanda from One More Page were particularly encouraging and so I took the plunge.

I love having my own blog and being able to post whatever content I want, top tens, reviews, author interviews and guest posts. I haven't really posted much on weekends but I've had so much content lately, I've been posting a lot more at the weekends recently!

One of the best things about blogging is the lovely people I've met through it. I love chatting to other bloggers in real life and on twitter and the authors I've met have been so so lovely, it's been amazing to chat to these people who I've admired for years! Publishers are always really nice too and take care of us bloggers really well at events and things!


Me and the amazing Lucy Robinson

My only frustration is not having enough time to read everything all at once-I want to read it all and right now!

I feel like my blog is in a really happy place just now I hope to keep it ticking along nicely until the mammoth reading event that is the summer holidays!


Me, Amanda, cesca & Santa montefiore


My signed shelf

I would like to thank Catriona for paticipating to The Book Corner with it's first ever feature! You can find Catriona over at fabulousbookfiend she is also on twitter and you can follow her here: @shoefiend1984

Next week we are hearing from @bookaddictshaun over at bookaddictshaun

No comments:

Post a Comment