Thursday 7 November 2013

The Proposal - Tasmina Perry

The ProposalThe Proposal by Tasmina Perry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



'Just say yes to this unforgettable read and take a spellbinding, romantic journey from the dazzling days of the debutantes in 1950s London to glamorous modern Manhattan.

When Amy Carrell's wealthy boyfriend ends their relationship just before Christmas, she's left to nurse her broken heart alone. With nothing to lose, she replies to an advertisement requesting a companion for a mysterious 'Manhattan adventure'. 

Whisked off to New York with eccentric British aristocrat Georgia Hamilton, Amy experiences a glamorous side of the city that she's never seen before. Along the way, Georgia initiates her protegee in the arts of old-school elegance. 

But as Georgia shares her life lessons, Amy discovers a painful secret in her mentor's past. A secret that shattered her future. A story of love and betrayal that only Amy has the power to put right.'



I have never read any of Tasmina Perry's books, not because I didn't want to, just I never got round to them. When I was offered the opportunity to read her latest one The Proposal I jumped at the chance.

Being my first Tamsina Perry book, it certainly won't be ny last, I absolutely loved this story and would recommend it to everyone!

Amy Carrell is American, however she has been over in the UK for a few years, following her dream of becoming a dancer. She has recently broken up with her boyfriend and wants to go home to visit her family for Christmas. Unfortunately she hasn't had much luck in the dance industry lately and is currently working as a waitress and cannot afford the fair back to Nee York.

She spots an advert in one of the local papers for a travel companion to New York for the holidays. Amy figures she has little to lose and responds to the ad. She goes to meet, which turn out to be a sweet old lady. So they are off on a Mantatten adventure, while they are away, it dawns on Amy she knows little about this lady. We learn about Georgia's time as a debutante in the late 1950's and we slip yo and from the present to learn about her story. One that is told with passion and I'd written well.

I absolutely loved this story, it is one where you think I'll just read a fee chapters and before you know where you are you are half way through the book. I found this to be an extremely quick read and I was only disappointed when it ended. I have recently visited New York myself and could almost see where Amy and Georgia were. I felt I was travelling with them on their Manhatten adventure and didn't want to come home.

This is a lonely story of an old woman, bitter betrayal, a love story and kindness. I feel this is a story that would stay with me for sometime.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending me a beautiful tale to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment