Monday 11 November 2013

Sunlounger - Belinda Jones

SunloungerSunlounger by Belinda Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'Take a trip around the world with 44 of the hottest writers in Women's Fiction!

This collection of sun-kissed short stories will have you boarding a millionaire's yacht in St Tropez, exploring a sheik's palace in Dubai, swimming with dolphins in Australia, partying in Ibiza, surfing in Hawaii, exploring ancient ruins in Turkey and Cambodia and sipping Limoncello in Italy! 


Whether you read it on your favourite beach (Sunlounger features golden sands from Greece to Thailand) or on your daily commute or coffee break you will be spirited away on a variety of adventures - some will make you chuckle, some will make your heart pang, others will inspire you to live your life to the max.'




When I was chatting to Belinda on Twitter and she offered me a copy of Sunlounger to review, I jumped at the chance. I was going away and what could be more perfect than read stories set abroad?

All I can say is that Belinda Jones I am so sorry it has taken me so long to review, why? Well I didn't want the fabulous collection of short stories to end so I have been stringing them out. (Sorry!)

Well what can I say? This is a brilliant book which contains many well established authors and some not so which have written short stories based in different destinations across the world. Yes there are some a lot better than others, but this is expected in a collection book. What I love about it is that you can get a quick reading fix of a whole story in a short amount of time and feel you have accomplished reading a whole book.

What else I love about short story collections is that I regularly come across authors I have not read before. This happened on this occasion. I read a short story by Katie Agnew set in St Barts and absolutely loved it. I then went out and bought her story Too Hot to Handle on the strength of reading that short story. So thank you Belinda Jones for introducing me to her.

I find it really hard to write a review for a book of short stories as I find it unnecessary to go through each story, I feel that you have just got to read it to see how good it is. I didn't finish the collection while I was away, I savored it and treated myself to a short story over a few nights, this helped me get away for my busy life and just dream about being away on a beach somewhere, or troweling through a busy souk looking for a bargain under the sun.

This is a short story collection that I would recommend everyone to own. It is brilliant, it just makes me happy thinking about it. Thank you so much Belinda Jones for making this book happen and offering it to me to review. I do hope this is continued perhaps a Christmas collection?

I would like to thank Belinda Jones for sending me this copy to review.


No comments:

Post a Comment