Monday 8 July 2013

Sunshine with a chance of snow - Carole Matthews

Sunshine, With a Chance of SnowSunshine, With a Chance of Snow by Carole Matthews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'Beth and Michael have worked hard all their married life to give their children everything they want. It hasn't been easy but it's been worth it. Now, as Beth enjoys quality time with her family on their beach holiday, she knows she has a lot to be thankful for. But it's not until she's faced with her biggest challenge yet that Beth really begins to understand how lucky she is.'


I really enjoy short stories, as I have a very busy life and it means I can enjoy a whole story at once.

This short story was the first story I have read by Carole Matthews and I thought it was written brilliantly. I was actually shocked about what happened in the story. - When they are a short story I normally take a chance and just get them without reading the blub, I am glad I did this with this book as I feel I don't think it would have been my type of book. Wow I would have really missed out!

This story begins with a family on their holiday, something they have wanted for years, a honeymoon, a foreign holiday for the kids and everyone thinks that life could not be more perfect. The family are then struck by a terrible tragedy, missing Christmas, something that is a big blow for the family as this is their favourite time of year. This was something very close to my heart, I love Christmas, I got married at Christmas and the thought without it would be horrendous!

This short story is about what is important in life, actually after reading the story am I that bothered about Christmas now? Well a little but who isn't! This is a short story that will stay with you for a long time.

Thank you so much Carole Matthews for a fabulous short read. Only wish it was longer!

Can't wait to read another book by Carole Matthews


No comments:

Post a Comment