Wednesday 17 July 2013

Shhh! Don't Wake the Royal Baby - Martha Mumford

Shhh! Don't Wake the Royal BabyShhh! Don't Wake the Royal Baby by Martha Mumford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


'It’s chaos at the Royal Palace – the Royal Baby just won’t go to sleep. Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Waaaaah!

The Royal Family has tried everything to pacify their little bundle of joy but, just when the little one seems to be settling, something breaks the peace - from yip-yapping corgis to marching guards! Will the palace EVER be quiet enough to lull the baby off to sleep?

A laugh-out-loud celebration of the new addition to the Royal Family, guaranteed to raise a few giggles.'


I received this as part of a giveaway from Tesco, I didn't know what books I would receive, but I am so glad this was included in the pack.

I took it straight into the classroom to read to the children, this was so exciting as the children know we are still waiting for the baby to arrive!

This story is all about trying to get the baby to sleep and people around making too much noise. This is a nice story that includes many of the Royal Family. The children loved the illustrations and laughed out loud at parts of the book.

The children loved to join in with the story when they had recognised the pattern in text. They also loved it when the baby started crying and again and joined in.

I feel this is very topical at the moment and was an enjoyable, humorous read. I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment