Saturday 22 June 2013

A place called here - Cecelia Ahern

A Place Called Here
A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahern
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ever wondered where lost things go?
Ever since the day her classmate vanished, Sandy Shortt has been haunted by what happens when something – or someone – disappears. Finding has become her goal.
Jack Ruttle is desperate to find his younger brother who vanished into thin air a year ago. He spots an ad for Sandy's missing persons agency and is certain that she will answer his prayers and find his brother.
But then Sandy disappears too, stumbling upon a place that is a world away from the only one she has ever known. Now all she wants, more than anything, is to find her way home.

Where do things go that we lose? Socks in the washing? Keys? Etc - Cecelia has the answer!

As a lover of Cecelia Ahern books I was looking forward to reading this one, however I was disappointed.The story started very slow and it wasn't clear how the ending arised.  I felt that the story line was good and imaginative, however the delivery for me was not as good. 

Cecelia links fantasy with real life and explores missing people and them looking on at families attempting to move on in life.

I felt that I could become easily distracted while reading this book, especially at the beginning I found it hard to get into and I like a story to capture me and for me not to want to put it down, this however I was quite happy to put it down.

If this had been the first of Cecelia's books I had read, I may not be going back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment